In the absence of any indication that the Empowered Committee of Secretaries will again meet the NJCA Leaders to discuss over the final positions emerging on the modifications sought by the Staff Side over the recommendations of 7th CPC, the NJCM Staff Side Secretary Comrade Shiv Gopal Mishra sought and got an interview with the Cabinet Secretary.
The following issues emerged from the discussion:
1. The basic pay of MTS will be slightly enhanced from the recommended 18,000/-. But it appears that the enhancement may not be nearer to the need based minimum wage calculations presented by the Staff Side.
2. Despite the MTS wages revised, the Fitment Factor as recommended by 2.57 will not change for both employees and pensioners.
3. The first option recommended by the 7th CPC for Refixation of pension to past pensioners viz., the number of increments earned by the pensioners in his last pay scale before his retirement should be taken into account, is not acceptable to both Defense Ministry and Pension Ministry.
4. Defense Ministry has opposed the formula. The Pension Ministry says that in the absence of preserved records, such a calculation is not feasible.
5. A Committee will be constituted to go into the issue of abolition of 52 allowances recommended by the Pay Commission.
6. No indication about the HRA percentage that has been recommended by the Pay Commission to reduce it.
7. A Committee will be constituted to go into the issue of New Pension Scheme to government employees recruited on or after 1.1.2004.
From the above, it is crystal clear that the Official Side is not at all interested to take into account the genuine grievances of staff and pensioners. The Official Side is bent upon provoking the CG Employees to go on strike and the Pensioners to go on a campaign. They want a confrontation between the Government and the Employees to settle whatever score they want to settle. We know that already the bureaucracy is divided between the Organized Group ‘A’ Service Officers and the All India Service Officers. The Secretaries in the Empowered Committee do not want to settle any of the issues and they desire not to change any of the recommendations of the Pay Commission!
It is in this background a struggle becomes unavoidable.
It is in this background that the NJCA is meeting on 3.6.2016.
It is in this background that the NCCPA is meeting on 27.6.2016.
Let there be strong decisions for waging an uncompromising struggle on basic issues.
Let all Get Ready to wage a Struggle for Justice!